Thank you for your interest in supporting Huegel Elementary School!
There are many ways to get involved, from joining one of our list serves to becoming a board member, to anything in between. We want you to participate in a way that best serves your interests and time available.
We also welcome support from grandparents, family friends, and others close to our Huegel students.
All volunteers must pass a background check.
Open PTO Board Positions
We have the following PTO Board positions open for the 2019-2020 School year:
- Playground Committee Chair: Lead our efforts to get a new playground at Huegel Elementary School
- District Liaison: Represent Huegel at the District Board Meetings & report back to the PTO
- Co-Communications Chair: design & coordinate monthly newsletter, backpack mail and PTO website.
Immediate Volunteer Needs
We have the following Immediate Volunteer Needs:
- Volunteer Recess Supervisor: during the day, training provided
- Recess Running Club Coordinator: during the school day, help restart a running club to encourage healthy habits
- 5th Grade Math Classroom Volunteer: during school day
- Lego League Coach :Wednesday After School; materials provided
- PTO Meeting Childcare: play with and supervise Huegel kids while their parents attend PTO meetings
- Girls on the Run Coach: Tuesday and Thursday after school, 10 weeks. Final 5K on November 9th.
Email List Sign-Up
Sign up to be included on one of our email lists. When a need arises in that area, we will send out an email, you chose to respond.
- Fundraising Committee
- Event Photography
- Events Committee
- Popcorn Day
- Playground Committee
- Communications Committee
- Graphic Design
- General Volunteer Needs
- Garden Committee
- PTO Meeting Childcare
Donations & Business Support
Do you own or work for a business looking to donate time or items? We are looking for food donations for meetings and events, items for our garden committee, daytime volunteer opportunities and more! Please let us know if you have a connection by contacting Volunteer Coordinator Jenn Van Wyk at firstname.lastname@example.org